Like the changing tides, every reaction had an equal reaction. I want to be sucked into your orbit propelled through space, held there in a vacuum of nothingness reaching out amongst the matrix that makes up your very being.
Tides, cycles of the moon, influences over one another- relationships, a misty and opposite attraction…
I don’t want to be afraid of who I am, I want to know more about who I am and what I want to be
I don’t want to be afraid of my own sexuality,
I want to love.
I don’t want to view the changes of becoming a woman to be something to be ashamed of
I want to bleed.
I don’t want to feel caught or trapped in mundane and mediocre ways of just getting by
I want to live and dance in the rain!
to run with wolves, people may say…
I want to affect people, and take them along for the journey to enter my mind as a choreographer.
Questions and concepts to play with:
- How to harness the power of the nervous system and how to actually experience things and be present.
- How to activate the nervous system
- How to calm the nervous system
- How to use it to infuse and encourage a richer experience and deeper performance
- How to establish meaningful relationships between people on stage, to see negative space as well as positive- in puzzle piecing two bodies together
- How to remain simple and clear with choreographic ideas or intention while still having impact ** (to me this is especially hard… why am I always so extra? I need to find ways to pare it down to its essential essence)